After many years of independent laboratory testing, followed by additional rigorous testing under U.S. EPA approved protocols, 500 copper alloys (including brass and bronze) were registered as public health antimicrobial products by U.S. EPA on February 29, 2008.
Antimicrobial Copper alloy products can claim to kill 99.9% of disease causing bacteria within two hours.
EPA registration means there is actually a legal U.S. federal government decision acknowledging the efficacy of Antimicrobial Copper products against the 6 following disease-causing bacteria:
- E. coliO157:H7, a food-borne pathogen that has been associated with large-scale food recalls;
- Methicillin-ResistantStaphylococcus aureus(MRSA), one of the most virulent strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and a constant culprit to patient safety and quality in healthcare environments;
- Staphylococcus aureus, the most common of all bacterial staphylococcus (i.e. staph) infections that can cause life-threatening diseases, including pneumonia and meningitis;
- Vancomycin-ResistantEnterococcus faecalis(VRE), an antibiotic resistant organism responsible for 4% of all Healthcare-Associated Infection;
- Enterobacter aerogenes, a pathogenic bacterium commonly found in hospitals that causes opportunistic skin infections and impacts other body tissues; and,
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacterium that infects the pulmonary tracts, urinary tracts, blood, and skin of immunocompromised individuals.
Antimicrobial Copper alloys are solid surface materials. This is unlike many traditional infection control products marketed with public health claims. These products are typically gases, liquids, sprays, and concentrated powders.
Antimicrobial Copper products can only be sold by registered manufacturers using registered copper alloys. View a complete list of U.S. EPA registered copper alloys.
For more information on EPA registration requirements for suppliers and product manufacturers, please visit: EPA Registration - Getting Started.
To review the complete list of EPA approved uses for Antimicrobial Copper, please read: EPA Approved Uses
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly,antimicrobial copper surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of thefollowing bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: MRSA, VRE,Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonasaeruginosa, and E. coli天空影院在线观看 天空影院高清完整版 穿帮电影网,闪闪电影院免费视频大全 闪闪电影院在线手机观看 穿帮 ,暗夜影院高清完整视频 暗夜影院在线手机观看 穿帮电影网 O157:H7. Antimicrobial copper surfacesare a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infectioncontrol practices and have been shown to reduce microbialcontamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contaminationor infections; users must continue to follow all current infectioncontrol practices.